[Newbies] Re: Underscore in 3.9

Klaus D. Witzel klaus.witzel at cobss.com
Tue Oct 24 05:06:29 UTC 2006

Hi Ramiro,

on Tue, 24 Oct 2006 00:30:23 +0200, you wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>     I started using the latest 3.9 image and there are no := there :)
> Only underscores.
>     Even when I write := it turns into _ when I save.
>     I am sure there is a very silly option out there to deactivate
> this behaviour.  Anyone can tell me?
>     Thanks

Open Preference Browser and in the searchbox type
syntaxHighlightingAsYouType.

This will show up three underscore and := related preferences.

Unfortuntely the initial preferences in the stock 3.9 image are as you
desribed.

Have a look at the developer's image, there this (and other preferences)
are pre-set for meeting the expectations of developers, the image also
comes with cool tools pre-loaded

- http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st/seaside/pier

/Klaus