[Newbies] squeak wiki software

keith hodges keith.hodges at warwick.ac.uk
Tue Oct 24 15:56:54 UTC 2006

Hi Gary,

I have uploaded a preloaded image for pier. It is available on
www.squeak.org site in the downloads section.

Now that most of the features of pier can be controlled via a web-gui I
think that it is ready to have a go and see what you think.

1. gui for creating and renaming pier instances.
2. gui for managing users and groups.
3. gui for switching persistency schemes. (Null by default).
4. Clickable text scripts for starting and stopping the server (you can
edit the scripts to change the port)

Just download and go, should be less than 3 mins install time!

If you wish to customise the stylesheet then there is a how-to provided
with the image. One known issue is that if you have any problems with
this image freezing inexplicably then use a 3.6 VM. (this appears to be
a problem with my specific linux instalation)

Do let us know how you get on. Why not join the smallwiki mailing list.

best regards

Keith