[Newbies] UpdateStringMorph

Davide Arrigo davide.arrigo at gmail.com
Mon Oct 30 10:38:45 UTC 2006

Hi all, I'll use a "space watcher' like the one described in Mark
Gudzial's squeak blue book, using UpdateStringMorph in a method like
this between {{ }} e.g:

{{
AOMView>>domainWatcher: anObject message:  aSymbol

"Show in an Update StringMorph the output of a message in a certain
object in AOM Domain
use it in this way, in a workspace:
AOMView domainWatcher: <target object name> message: #<message>."

| spaceWatcher |

spaceWatcher := UpdatingStringMorph new.
spaceWatcher stepTime: 10;

			target: anObject;

			getSelector: aSymbol.

spaceWatcher openInWorld
}}

I want to send #aSymbol to getSelector with arguments (for example to
get an element from an Array), what I have to do?
in this way I can send only message with a method with no arguments
but I need a different behaviour.
Thanks to all.

Best Regards