[Newbies] The Weekly Squeak is back!

Offray Vladimir Luna Cárdenas offray.luna at javeriana.edu.co
Wed Sep 6 20:09:36 UTC 2006

Hi Michael,

I don't now if this is the proper place to ask. I'm really interested in
Squeak and Sophie, so now that we're talking on the subject I would like
to make some questions. Please if you have some other more proper place
to ask about Sophie, please point me the place.

Michael Rueger escribió:
> Hi,
>
> the web site for Sophie is http://sophieproject.org. Well, at least it
> will be ;-)
> The are download links on the developer site
> http://dev.sophieproject.org.
I have downloaded the build-6-32.zip
<http://impara.de/sophie/downloads/builds/build-6-32.zip> and uncompress
it. After that I open the image file with the usual squeak interpreter I
get this error messages:

MessageNotUnderstood: UndefinedObject >> AsURI

and then I go to the opened workspace and I executed the first command
and I get this:

Error: A primitive has failed.

and then it freezes.
> We are in the process of getting a release ready, so the current
> available downloads are more or less development snapshots, but you
> are welcome to give them a try anyways.
Count me on your beta tester newbie team. I'm becoming some kind of
"Squeak Freak" (TM :-P)... I feel that I have found a nice place for being.

> The web site for impara is http://impara.de/index_engl.html

Thanks. I have browsed it, but I can't find any demo version of the site.
> Michael

Thanks,

Offray

AVISO LEGAL: El presente correo electronico no representa la opinion o el consentimiento oficial de la PONTIFICIA UNIVERSIDAD JAVERIANA. Este mensaje es confidencial y puede contener informacion privilegiada la cual no puede ser usada ni divulgada a personas distintas de su destinatario. Esta prohibida la retencion, grabacion, utilizacion, aprovechamiento o divulgacion con cualquier proposito. Si por error recibe este mensaje, por favor destruya su contenido y avise a su remitente.
En este aviso legal se omiten intencionalmente las tildes.

Este mensaje ha sido revisado por un sistema antivirus, por lo que su contenido esta libre de virus.
This e-mail has been scanned by an antivirus system, so its contents is free of viruses.