[Newbies] downloading 3.9

Brad Fuller brad at sonaural.com
Fri Sep 15 14:57:05 UTC 2006

Chuck Smith wrote:
> HI All,
>
> I have just downloaded 3.9 and have 56 image.  I pick to update and
> got another folder.  How do I know that I have open the 58.. that it
> said it update to when at the top to of the window it still says 56..?
Hi Chuck,

I don't know what you mean that you "got another folder." But, maybe
this will help. The window title is set to the image that you started
with and will not change. So, if you started with the image
"Squeak.3.9g-7056" and then you updated, e.g. selected "Load Code
Updates" from the "Squeak" flap, the title of the window will remain
"Squeak.3.9g-7056", even though you have the latest updates.

If this is the case, then I suggest that you save your image under a new
appropriate name, e.g. "Squeak.3.9g-7058" and, next time start squeak
with this new updated image.

If I'm totally off base, please let me know.

--
brad fuller
sonaural: www.sonaural.com