[Newbies] How do I test and share code?

David Pollak dpp at athena.com
Sat Sep 16 13:39:13 UTC 2006

Folks,

I've written a couple of classes that add web-based user management
to Pier.  The classes let you add new users, remove users, set user's
passwords, bless users as superusers, etc.

First, I'd like to write some tests for the classes.  Ideally, I'd
like to similar HTTP requests on Pier (much like I can do when I
write Rails tests) such that I'm testing the functionality of the
method in the context of living inside Pier/Seaside.

Second, how do I publish the code?  Is it as simple as following the
Montecello example video (I added 1 method to a Pier class and put it
in the category *pier-security-manager)?  Or is there more magic I
have to do?

Thanks,

David