[Newbies] making directory available online

Navodit Kaushik navoditk at yahoo.co.in
Mon Apr 9 22:37:15 UTC 2007

The ModDir example helps set up a file server on the machine on which the example code is run. How can I set up a file server on a machine over the internet? For example on the squeaksource.com project page that I have? Thanks

"Edgar J. De Cleene" <edgardec2001 at yahoo.com.ar> wrote:

El 4/9/07 6:37 PM, "Navodit Kaushik"  escribió:

> Hi
>
> I have a directory containing many files which I want to be able to access
> over the internet. Ideally I would like this directory to be put up in my
> squeaksource.com project repository and then anyone having internet access
> should be able to connect to this directory and retrieve data from the files
> therein. I am not sure how to go about this in Squeak. Any suggestions?
>
> Navodit

You must load Comanche and change the ModDir example to your needs.
And could use your own user / pass and port for nobody except you could
access your files.

I using for let people could listen tango in mp3 , look picts, etc.

Edgar