[Newbies] Advice on tracing program logic

andy.burnett at knowinnovation.com andy.burnett at knowinnovation.com
Sun Apr 15 14:13:50 UTC 2007

WOW!  Edgar thanks so much for the info.  That has really helped me out
:-)

I knew that Squeak was a dynamic system but I hadn't really understood the
implications, e.g. being able to change things on the fly in this way. I
think I am going to have a lot of fun.

Cheers
AB

<<FileList2 prototypicalToolWindow openInWorld.
FileList prototypicalToolWindow openInWorld

If you like more FileList2, do the following.
Select FileList icon in Tools flap via halo.
Select the wrench icon for "debug it".
You must have a Inspector , with this tool you could austounding things.
Scroll the left panel for you select "target", in the right one should
have
FileList or FileList2 .
For change , you must type wich type you wish and the on the menu do
"acept"
(or command s or alt s)

Presto, now you Squeak is under your control and could suit to your taste.
For follow what Squeak do for some, select as example :

FileList2 prototypicalToolWindow openInWorld.

In the Workspace window and do debug it.
Always what you press the Into button, you could follow inner methods.

Selecting only prototypicalToolWindow and command n or alt n you could see
all senders of this message

Selecting only prototypicalToolWindow and command m or alt m you could see
all implementors of this message

Smalltalk / Squeak is like Codigo da Vinci, you need follow the right
clues
:=)

Edgar>>