[Newbies] Migrating to new image....

Brad Fuller brad at bradfuller.com
Sun Apr 22 00:03:07 UTC 2007

Blake wrote:
> Hey, all:
>
>     Is there a how-to on moving code between images? I like Damien's
> dev-images so I like to update when he does, but is there an easy way
> to move all my stuff between an old image and a new one?
Hi Blake,

Monticello is a great way, at least for me.
http://www.wiresong.ca/Monticello
http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/43
http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/43

>     And what about desktop? If I keep stuff in workspaces and
> Transcripts and so on, can I move those? (I mean, I can, if I do it
> manually but...)
You can save workspace contents in files. There is a selection in the
window menu: "save contents to a file...". There's probably a better way
if there are many workspaces. (Bert seems to always come up with great
ways to do things like this.)

--
brad fuller
www.bradfuller.com