[Newbies] saving image automatically

Norbert Hartl norbert at hartl.name
Thu Apr 26 14:57:13 UTC 2007

Hi,

I'm trying to save an image under a different name. I
have a image I'm working with (e.g. VNC enabled) and I
like to create a derived image under a different name.

I use

MySetup>>deploy
	RFBServer doStopServer.
	SmalltalkImage current closeSourceFiles.
	SmalltalkImage current saveChangesInFileNamed: 'base-deploy.changes'.
	SmalltalkImage current saveImageInFileNamed: 'base-deploy.image'.
	SmalltalkImage current snapshot: false andQuit: true

I can still use my working image but if I try to start
the base-deploy.image it quits immediately. I tried
different settings but the result is similar. Every time
I save and quit the image from a method or a doit I
get this result. But if I just use

SmalltalkImage current snapshot: true andQuit: true

in the workspace everything is fine.

Norbert