[Newbies] saving image automatically

George Herolyants hugi-squeak-beg at mail.ru
Thu Apr 26 20:40:30 UTC 2007

Hi Norbert,
I hope the following code will make clear this "strange" behaviour.

| i delay |
i := 0.
delay := Delay forMilliseconds: 1000.
Transcript clear.
10 timesRepeat: [Transcript cr; show: (i := i + 1). delay wait].
SmalltalkImage current snapshot: true andQuit: true.
10 timesRepeat: [Transcript cr; show: (i := i + 1). delay wait].

you see this "strange" behaviour because all threads are suspending when
you are closing your image and resuming when you're opening it again.
When you're opening your "deploy" image the last line of code in
MySetup>>deploy method is executing and image is closing again.

I hope it'll help you.

George.