[Newbies] Frozen Squeak environment

Peter Mucsi peter.mucsi at gmail.com
Sun Aug 5 14:03:09 UTC 2007

Hi,

I'm a newbee playing around in Squeak for a while.

Sometimes I write code that is faulty, for example, execution gets into
an infinite loop. If the loop doesn't stop after a while, the whole
environment gets frozen and I have to kill Squeak in Windows XP. I have
tried #forkAt (I put my stuff into a BlockClosure instance), it has
solved the problem, but is there a way in Squeak to do this
automatically? Can I execute something in Workspace that is put
automatically into a low priority thread?

Thanks in advance for your  kind answer.

Peter Mucsi