[Newbies] Retrieving a list of standard method categories?

Enno Schwass onkelenno at mac.com
Thu Aug 9 11:03:16 UTC 2007

Hi

> Hi, how does one find and set a standard list of method categories
> within Squeak?

It depends on categorie. There is no REAL standard list.

Some morphs have a protocol called event handling or geometry. Some
dont.
Other objects never need event handling.

Another often used protocol is initialization. Or testing.  But its
not part of the language.
Its part of the environment. Just check squeaks class library to get
some
inspiration for naming.

>  I thought that it would provide a select list when I went to
> create a category.

I does. But only a few ones. Just create your owns if there is
nothing else fitting.

bye
Enno