[Newbies] version from a project

Yoshiki Ohshima yoshiki at squeakland.org
Thu Aug 9 18:46:12 UTC 2007

  Javier,

> Hi,
>     I was wondering if it's possible to know what version of squeak
> was used for a project (.pr) file. Anybody know a way of doing this?

  It depends on what Squeak you used to make the .pr file^^;

  In versions like OLPC Etoys, there is a file called "manifest" in
the .pr file.  (Because .pr file is a zip format file, your zip tool
can extract files from it, perhaps by renaming the .pr file to .zip
file.)  In the "manifest" file, there are some information on the
image in which the .pr is created.

  In other versions of Squeak, I don't have a good answer.  If there
is a changeset in the .pr file, it has the version information in the
first line.  But otherwise, it is hard to tell.

-- Yoshiki