[Newbies] Assignment

Yoshiki Ohshima yoshiki at squeakland.org
Fri Aug 10 00:30:17 UTC 2007

  Mathieu,

> #=
> is equality comparaison
>
> #==
> is identity comparison

  Yes.

> All the character is unique so is better (faster) to use #==.

  This is not true for Characters whose code is bigger than 256.

  To me, the identity comparison is more or less in the "meta" level
or touching implementation details.  Unless you eally need to check
the "identity" for a good reason, you should always use #= for
comparison, I think.  (Some performance critical potion of code could
be exempted... but it should still be limited very carefully.)

-- Yoshiki