[Newbies] deploying Squeak applications

David Mitchell david.mitchell at gmail.com
Mon Aug 13 14:03:27 UTC 2007

> Tell me more about the changes file. When I do a save it seems to update
> both my image file and my changes file. If all my changes are saved in the
> changes file, why is the image file modified?

Changes is a database of code used by the image.
http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/49

Image contains the objects. That's all the running bytecode (including
your program), all of the data (including pointers to the changes and
sources files):

Smalltalk can live without the database of source code, but it cannot
live without the virtual image (or virtual machine).
http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/2213