[Newbies] Squeak / smalltalk beginners books

Enno Schwass onkelenno at mac.com
Thu Aug 16 14:15:01 UTC 2007

Hi

As a beginner I recommend: Squeak Learn Programming with Robots
(Technology in Action)
If you never did programming before this is a good choice. The
difficulty level of the practices
reaches from absolutly novice to advanced. But you dont see that much
from the Squeak environment

I like the style of Gene Korienek, Tom Wrensch & Doug Dechow, Squeak:
A Quick Trip to ObjectLand.

Further on, has someone mentioned Squeak by example?
Google for sbe.pdf

If you are familiar with the syntax of the language, look for Kent
Becks Smalltalk best pratice patterns. Cool stuff.

At the moment I read Design Patterns Smalltalk Companion (more expert
level)
This takes a lot time, but its worth. I just need more practice.

Bye

Enno Schwass
onkelenno at mac.com
feed://rss.mac.com/onkelenno/iWeb/Web-Site/Blog/rss.xml