[Newbies] Scratch questions

Blake blake at kingdomrpg.com
Wed Aug 29 19:14:53 UTC 2007

On Wed, 29 Aug 2007 08:43:08 -0700, Benjamin Schroeder
<benschroeder at acm.org> wrote:

> On Aug 29, 2007, at 5:42 PM, Benjamin Schroeder wrote:
>
>> My experience on Windows is that if you launch Squeak.exe by double-
>> clicking, it can take a while to bring up the dialog where you can
>> choose an image. However, if you drag an image file onto Squeak.exe, or
>> use a batch file to pass it as a parameter, the image starts up much
>> faster.
>
> I should add that associating .image files with Squeak.exe, then
> double-clicking on the image file, probably has the same effect.

For what it's worth, on my 2 Ghz Core Duo, Squeak starts almost instantly
no matter what. The killer seems to be Squeak not knowing what image file
to use. On a 3Ghz machine it takes 15 seconds. (Under Windows. Under
Linux, an old 1Ghz machine pops Squeak up in a second or two.)