[Newbies] How can I get a morphic-less squeak on Unix ?

Ravi Mohan magesmail at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 30 07:56:39 UTC 2007

Hi,
Is there any way I can get a morphicless(or close to
it) Squeak on Unix without porting the VM myself?

I can't find any documentation or  *comprehensive*
tutorials for Morphic and  all the smalltalk books I
have deal with MVC.

So couldn't I just open an MVC project and work there?
I tried. There's a bug that causes squeak to freeze in
an MNC project (see
http://bugs.squeak.org/print_bug_page.php?bug_id=5320
-apparently logged some time ago and there doesn't
seem to be  a fix).

If I could find a squeak version (an old one would be
fine) that ran MVC perfectly, that would be awesome. I
tried getting one form teh squeak site but the older
ones are all windows excutables.
 Any help would be tremendously appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
Ravi

PS:  I really don't want to use Mrphic. It feels very
incomplete to me and is not well documented.