[Newbies] serving alternate image with Ubuntu LTSP

sam kusasa at shuttleworthfoundation.org
Mon Dec 3 10:07:13 UTC 2007

I am trying to serve (Ubuntu server) squeak to a lab of thin client
machines.

After installing squeak on server I can.

    * See and run squeak from Applications->Education on Server
    * See and run squeak from Applications->Education on Client

I really need to use the eToys image though so placed it on the server
in the same directory as indicated on the  "Please choose a (sic) Image
File"  dialog --- "home/****/squeak".

Having done this I can:

    * See and select the eToys image on the Server
    * NOT see the eToys image on the client.

At the moment I have to copy and paste  the image into each client's
home/user/squeak in order to run it.

This of course is not the end of the world but it means that every time
I have new projects for the kids in the class, I have to copy them to
the local accounts rather that serve them ...

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Sam