[Newbies] Morph speeds up stepping when grabbed

kropki kropki at gmail.com
Fri Dec 7 12:22:17 UTC 2007

Hi!

I'm having some performance problems with morphs, I think.

I have made two morphs: first is the owner of the second and the second one
is doing stepping with as little timeStep, as possible (1?). Still it's too
slow.

When I click on the morph, the owner is being picked. While in the air, the
step function for the submorph suddenly gets called very often and the
animation is nice and fast.

What's the reason for that? How can I modify the morphs, so that I get
faster animation, when morphs aren't grabbed? Is it because, while in the
air, one morph or another gets different stepTime or the step method is
called in a different way? Or maybe some part of the code is not being run
resulting in less overhead?

Thanks for your help :)

cheers,
kropki