[Newbies] Re: Switching between Browser views in the middle of(incomplete) edit - advice?

Matthew Fulmer tapplek at gmail.com
Mon Dec 10 04:25:59 UTC 2007

On Sun, Dec 09, 2007 at 04:22:25PM -0600, itsme213 wrote:
> Just tried it and got:
>     OBDefinitionPanel>> doesNotUnderstand: #spawn
>
> Different version of browser? Not sure I even know what all the variants are
> :-(

Yes, this feature is not in the omnibrowser. I submitted a bug
report: http://bugs.squeak.org/view.php?id=6806 . Omnibrowser is
a rewrite of the old browser tool, and is the default in recent
squeak-dev images. It is not installed by default in basic
images.

I don't know of any other way to do this that the omnibrowser
supports, so you will have to open another browser.

To change what browser is the default, open the window menu on
the browser (just right of the close button in the title bar),
and select 'Choose new default Browser'. #Browser is the old
tool, and #OBMultipleSelectionBrowserAdaptor is the default in
squeak-dev.

After you do that, World > open... > (class browser / system
browser) will open your preferred browser. Unfortunately,
dragging a browser out of the Tools flap will always be an
OmniBrowser; this does not respect your preferred browser
setting.