[Newbies] Exporting Object Memory

Herbert König herbertkoenig at gmx.net
Mon Dec 17 16:22:18 UTC 2007

Hello Chris,

CC> If I had data in object memory, because I've saved answers from a user into
CC> objects, then can I file out that information?

if you mean file out as a counterpart of file in, you just use
ReferenceStreams. I use the two attached methods to file out a
dictionary but it works with any object.

CC> If I had to send it to
CC> somebody as an csv file, how could I do that easily?

Don't know of a universal method to do this and wrote one myself for
some special objects of fixed structure. Not smalltalkish.

CC> It seems to me that filing out gives you the application, but what if I
CC> wanted information that had been entered by the users, the end user data?

Other places to search are ImageSegment and SmartRefStream. Be aware
that there are problems if your objects contain blocks.

Cheers,

Herbert                            mailto:herbertkoenig at gmx.net