[Newbies] FFI, ODBC

Miron Brezuleanu mbrezu at gmail.com
Thu Dec 20 15:01:43 UTC 2007

Hello,

I'm trying to install the ODBC driver for Squeak and I run into the
following issues:

1) when using squeak vm 3.10 (with Ramon Leon's image or the 3.9
image) the FFI is installed without errors from SqueakMap, but when
trying to install the ODBC package the image freezes (apparently while
downloading).
2) with squeak 3.9 the FFI install fails with a SHA1 error:

-------------
Download from original url
(http://map.squeak.org/accountbyid/cf58c358-46ee-465e-b6db-2740e9b32a53/files/InstallFFI.st)
failed with this exception: Incorrect SHA checksum of file from
orginal URL
Trying server cache instead.
Download from server cache of FFI 1-3.9 failed with this exception:
Incorrect SHA checksum of file from server
------------

3) squeak vm 3.10 with image 3.10.gamma.7159 also gives the sha1 error
when installing FFI.

Also, the 7159 image doesn't have the sources file and the image
complains about it when starting. Do I really need the sources file
(the class browser seem to be able to display method sources) and if
yes, where do I find them?

OS is XP SP 2.

I've searched the mailing list archives but only found the pointer
about loading ffi before odbc which led me to the current situation.

Many thanks for any pointers/ideas,
--
Miron Brezuleanu