[Newbies] FFI, ODBC

Miron Brezuleanu mbrezu at gmail.com
Thu Dec 20 21:01:47 UTC 2007

Hi,

On Dec 20, 2007 9:28 PM,  <goran at krampe.se> wrote:
> > 3) squeak vm 3.10 with image 3.10.gamma.7159 also gives the sha1 error
> > when installing FFI.
>
> Hmmm. Make sure your map is updated btw - if it is not then that would
> explain this I guess.

That's a bit weird - shouldn't squeak download the content and the
checksum, then calculate the content checksum and compare to
downloaded checksum? It sounds like I need to download the checksum
separately :-)

After updateing the map the FFI downloads OK, but it still takes
forever to download ODBC. I can interrupt it with Alt + '.' and it
looks like it's waiting forever while trying to DNS resolve
'wiki.squeak.org' (which is resolved instantly if I try to ping that
host from a shell).

The method is waitForCompletionUntil: in class NetNameResolver, and it
seems to be locked in the waitTimeoutMSecs message right after the
"wait for resolver to be available" comment. (using the 3.10 image and
VM)

Any clues on what to try next? :-) (I've downloaded and installed the
SqueakV39 sources, where do I find the V310 sources?)

Many thanks,
--
Miron Brezuleanu