[Newbies] squeak make back up of category

Michael van der Gulik mikevdg at gulik.co.nz
Mon Dec 31 20:43:04 UTC 2007

an organic wrote:
> Hello,
>
> i am writing small apllication in one category and i want make back up
> save current state of this category. I cant find how to do this, can
> anybody help me?

Hi.

What is your name? I don't really like the idea of addressing you by "An
organic"...

This is what Monticello is used for. Monticello is the version control
system that nearly all Squeakers use. It takes a bit of learning, but is
usually sufficient for the work you want to do. Monticello will put all
classes in a category starting with you packages name, e.g.
"MyProject-Core", "MyProject-Tests", and all methods in categories
starting with an asterisk and the project name, e.g.
"*myproject-printing" and "*myproject-converting".

There's some information about it here: http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/1287

Michael.