[Newbies] Morphic question

David Röthlisberger squeak at c3com.ch
Mon Feb 5 14:15:08 UTC 2007

Hi list,

I have a question concerning morphic in Squeak 3.9... I'm trying hard to
understand morphic, but it's not easy...
I want to display a SystemWindow in the current world, it should be
placed starting at the top left corner going to the top right corner, so
it should take the whole width of the world. How can I achieve that?
I tried to use SystemWindow>>#position: or SystemWindow>>#bounds, I
tried all sort of parameters, but the window doesn't react on these
parameters... I set them before I open the window in world using
#openInWorld.
So how can I let a window open in the top left corner and taking the
whole availabe width of the world? Or how can I move a window
programmatically as soon as it's opened?

Any hint is greatly appreciated, thanks.

btw, is there a good documentation about current Morphic in Squeak
3.8/3.9? I couldn't find any.

David