[Newbies] Morphic question

Edgar J. De Cleene edgardec2001 at yahoo.com.ar
Mon Feb 5 14:28:31 UTC 2007

El 2/5/07 11:15 AM, "David Röthlisberger" <squeak at c3com.ch> escribió:

> Hi list,
>
> I have a question concerning morphic in Squeak 3.9... I'm trying hard to
> understand morphic, but it's not easy...
> I want to display a SystemWindow in the current world, it should be
> placed starting at the top left corner going to the top right corner, so
> it should take the whole width of the world. How can I achieve that?
> I tried to use SystemWindow>>#position: or SystemWindow>>#bounds, I
> tried all sort of parameters, but the window doesn't react on these
> parameters... I set them before I open the window in world using
> #openInWorld.
> So how can I let a window open in the top left corner and taking the
> whole availabe width of the world? Or how can I move a window
> programmatically as soon as it's opened?
>
> Any hint is greatly appreciated, thanks.

 | myWindow |
myWindow width: World with "This way you window have same with of current
world"
myWindow openInWorld "Always Morphs was created at 0 at 0 or topLeft of current
World"

At later time you could do:
myWindow center: World center "This way your window was centered in current
world"

The best documentation is inside image and taking some else project what do
some similar to what you wish.

And ask questions.

Edgar

Preguntá. Respondé. Descubrí.