[Newbies] Another newbie Morphic question

Brad Fuller brad at bradfuller.com
Tue Feb 6 01:46:53 UTC 2007

mike clemow wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I'll be perfectly frank: I'm making a simulation of Robotic Rubber
> Duckies in a swimming pool.  Ideally, I'd like to import an image file
> and have my "duckMorph" wear that image as a suit.  I have created a
> sketchMorph, but I don't know how to programmatically instruct a morph
> to look like that sketch.  I'm not sure I understand the differences
> between sketchMorph and imageMorph.  I also am unsure whether I need
> to use an image file read/writer, like PNGReadWriter in order to do
> this.  In short, I don't know where to begin.

It is recommended on the squeak wiki that ImageMorph should be used
instead of SketchMorph:

http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/1372

I'm wondering why when you drop a JPG on the world it becomes a
SketchMorph and not an ImageMorph. Was it every thought to change this too?

--
brad fuller
www.bradfuller.com