[Newbies] Another newbie Morphic question

mike clemow gelfmuse at gmail.com
Tue Feb 6 02:05:44 UTC 2007

Brad,

> I'm wondering why when you drop a JPG on the world it becomes a
> SketchMorph and not an ImageMorph.

Honestly, I hadn't even thought of dropping an image file onto the
world.  I had created a SketchMorph with the sketch editor at first.
Eventually, after reading the same entry you just mentioned on the
wiki, I changed my approached and subclassed ImageMorph, overriding
the initialize method with a minor change that used my rubber ducky
image as a form instead of the default image.

In the end, I decided to go back and do a few more morphic tutorials
using the immediate, incremental strategy (like the Counter Tutorial).
 I think this project is better suited for that way of programming,
and I clearly need a better grip on Morphic.  At least I have my ducks
in a row now.  :)

Thanks a bunch,
Mike

http://clembie.livejournal.com