[Newbies] Ralph Johnson video lectures on Smalltalk

David Urquhart david.urquhart at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 11 22:57:40 UTC 2007

>I'm pretty sure Ralph teaches in Squeak, not Visual Works.  I recall
>watching his video lectures last year as well, all were in Squeak.

I can confirm that he does use Squeak now.  However to access course
materials you have to enrol through UIUC ...ie those materials are not
available to anyone on a budget.

Is it a matter of time before a UIUC student (with access to the videos)
leaks them and they end up on youtube?  A more controlled event would be for
Ralph to publish them with the university's permission.  It would be a great
advertisement for UIUC's killer CS school.

- Dave