[Newbies] squeak on Linux for amd64 architecture

Greg Trasuk trasukg at trasuk.com
Wed Feb 14 14:43:49 UTC 2007

Hi Steffen:

	Did you try just installing the i686 version?  I've used the plain
Squeak VM on Solaris under an AMD dual-core Opteron processor with no
problems.  What's the actual error or symptoms that you get?  I suspect
your problem has more to do with the version of Linux and presence of
necessary libraries, etc, than with the processor change.

Cheers,

Greg.