[Newbies] What to do when package install fails?

Blake blake at kingdomrpg.com
Thu Feb 22 02:50:18 UTC 2007

Here's a good noob question:

	What should one do when a package install fails?

	I downloaded the squeak dev image 76 which doesn't seem to have Seaside
installed (it's supposed to as far as I can tell) but when I try to load
the Seaside installer, that fails during "initialization". (Same on all
versions: The progress bar gets about 1/3 of the way and then stops. I
havet to Alt+. out of it.)

	I never know what to do when that happens: Is the environment in an
unstable state at that point? Is it best to just quit without saving? If I
load an earlier version of the package is that okay?

	===Blake===