[Newbies] Re: Alternative for static const...

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Tue Feb 27 12:29:30 UTC 2007

On Feb 27, 2007, at 12:39 , Herbert König wrote:

> Hello Bert,
>
> BF> Or you can add them to the workspace itself. A workspace provides
> BF> variable bindings, but only for temporary (lowercase) variables
> (*).
> BF> To add your class variable bindings, get the halo on a workspace,
> BF> select "inspect model" from the grey debug handle menu. You get an
> BF> inspector for the workspace. In the lower text pane, execute this:
>
> BF> bindings := Dictionary new.
> BF> BlaConstants classPool keysAndValuesDo: [:k :v | bindings at:
> 'c',k
> BF> put: v]
>
> BF> Then you can use "cConst1" in the workspace :)
>
> enlightening lesson, as always.
>
> Do you by any chance plan to hold a course on Squeak?

Not really, not enough time. Planning a course takes time, even more
than actually holding it.

Now, an informal hacking weekend not too far away, preferably with
attractions for my family nearby, bringing experienced and new
Squeakers together, that would be something I might want to attend ...

- Bert -