[Newbies] Squeak speed under Mac OS X

goran at krampe.se goran at krampe.se
Wed Jan 3 16:14:11 UTC 2007

Hi!

Aleksandr Skobelev <al_skobelev at mail.ru> wrote:
> And after I've installed DejaVu fonts,
> I need to wait upto 4 seconds everytime I change size of the
> SqueakMap Package Loader window. Switching from the Class libraries
> category to Development tools takes about 8 seconds.

This would be interesting to profile - we can have gross inefficiencies
in how the tree widget operates and/or how the SM model behaves when
asked about labels etc. I can see if I can get time to do that.

Can you give me a description of your image so that I can replicate it?
Or can you put it up for me to use? If you can I can give you an ftp
area to put it.

regards, Göran