[Newbies] Disabling halos and the world menu

Brad Fuller brad at bradfuller.com
Wed Jan 3 22:30:39 UTC 2007

Jens Pall wrote:
> Brad Fuller wrote:
>> Jens Pall wrote:
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> How can I prevent the halos from appearing when clicking the middle
>>> mouse button?
>>>
>>> I tried Preferences>>disableProgrammerFacilities but the halos still
>>> appear. The World menu (left mouse button) also still appears.
>>> Shouldn't this command also disable it?
>>>
>>> I'm interested in locking the image down as much as possible in
>>> order to be able to ship it running a product sold by my company.
>>>
>>> I'm using VM 3.7.1 on Windows and image 3.9-final-7067.
>> check this out:
>>
>> http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/518
>>
> Thanks Brad, but it doesn't seem to be working as described on that
> page. The message should disable halos and the world menu but it
> doesn't (those are easy to check - haven't checked the other features).
>
> Do I need to use the code from bike-nomad (which seems to from a 3.4
> image)?
You're right, seems it only works a bit = for instance,  the menus are
modified (e.g. there is no "do it"), but not as advertised in the swiki..

If you install the Squeakmap package "Lockdown", it does work, but ends
in a error after installation. Seems to work fine, though.

You could file a defect on the mantis server and explain that it doesn't
work identical to the http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/518

I copied Ned. Maybe he can explain more.

--
brad fuller
www.bradfuller.com