[Newbies] Help! Where's Wonderland in Squeak 3.9 ?

Marcus Denker denker at iam.unibe.ch
Thu Jan 18 07:23:14 UTC 2007

On 17.01.2007, at 23:56, Henry Lenzi wrote:

>> Last image what I see Wonderland was in 3.6.
>> But I wish resurrect to 3.10, so be patient, pile of things continue
>> growing.
>>

> OK. I'm patient. :-) Anybody who develops for Squeak has my deepest
> and earnest respect. You made my niece so happy :-)) Me too ;-))
> (I'm a Logo kid, you know?)

Honestly: Wonderland was an experiment done in 1999/2000. It was
discontinued
shortly after. Developent on the 3D Framework it's based on was
discontinued
soon after.

Especiallu Wonderland did a lot of very interesting, but very hackish/
experimental
addition to many places that never got cleaned up and integrated in
any meaningful
way.

I don't know who would "resurrect" in in any practical way for 3.10,
especially
as the goal needs to be to cut old, discontinued experiments from
Squeak so
that there is slim chance to be able to actually maintain the rest
that is used.

But that's only my analysis...

	Marcus