[Newbies] Help! Where's Wonderland in Squeak 3.9 ?

Edgar J. De Cleene edgardec2001 at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 18 08:38:00 UTC 2007

El 1/17/07 7:56 PM, "Henry Lenzi" <henry.lenzi at gmail.com> escribió:

> OK, but what's Kom + HttpView? And does it _have_ to be Firefox? Is it
> a plug-in?
Firefox is a free Browser what if you still don't have could download at
http://www.mozilla-world.org/en/.

I on Mac , have Internet Explorer, iCab , Safari and Firefox.
All have ups and downs, but for using Squeak remote , go with Firefox.

Kom is short for Comanche and is a server made in Squeak.

You could do things as publish specific directories of your machine with
access to selected people, like I share my Tangos with other Squeakers.

It's the base of others more elaborate things .
The Swikis or collaborative spaces for community are constructed on top.

HttpView is a work of Goran Krampe and could be used for build not to
complicated web sites.

I have a Risk variant (in progress) build only with Kom + HttpView .

If you need something better what PHP, then you must learn Seaside, also
build on top of Kom..

For what Marcus said, I clarify my intention as 3.10 Release Team member is
what all what once was used in Squeak and could be changed for run into 3.10
is work what I try to do and ask to community for help.

I success in doing so for MorphicWrappers and MathMorphs, what last time
what run complete was in the 2.1 - 2.3 middle age of Squeak.

Also I plan a FunSqueak version, with all games , Steph tutorial, etc. ,
scheduled at end of May.

What do not means what Wonderland could be developed now, only what IF IT'S
POSSIBLE have running into 3.10, many people like you are happy.

And maybe your kids was enough motivate for what in a few years THEY do the
next 3D killer Squeak.

Disagree Marcus ?

Edgar

Preguntá. Respondé. Descubrí.