[Newbies] Help! Where's Wonderland in Squeak 3.9 ?

Larry Trutter stargazerzero at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 18 13:40:01 UTC 2007

>From: Marcus Denker <denker at iam.unibe.ch>
>To: "A friendly place to get answers to even the most basic questions
>aboutSqueak." <beginners at lists.squeakfoundation.org>
>Subject: Re: [Newbies] Help! Where's Wonderland in Squeak 3.9 ?
>Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2007 10:10:41 +0100
>

>On 18.01.2007, at 09:38, Edgar J. De Cleene wrote:
>
>>El 1/17/07 7:56 PM, "Henry Lenzi" <henry.lenzi at gmail.com> escribió:
>>

>>I success in doing so for MorphicWrappers and MathMorphs, what last  time
>>what run complete was in the 2.1 - 2.3 middle age of Squeak.
>>
>>Also I plan a FunSqueak version, with all games , Steph tutorial,  etc. ,
>>scheduled at end of May.
>>
>>What do not means what Wonderland could be developed now, only what  IF
>>IT'S
>>POSSIBLE have running into 3.10, many people like you are happy.
>>
>>And maybe your kids was enough motivate for what in a few years  THEY do
>>the
>>next 3D killer Squeak.
>>
>>Disagree Marcus ?
>>

>Yes, completely disagree. But if you want to dust of other peoples  failed
>experiments,
>all power to you.

I agree with Marcus.

My suggestion is that if you plan to put projects without maintainers out
there, it must be clear to the newbies that these are not actively supported
or maintained, and that it was just a demo or something to that effect.

Otherwise the newbies may be misled that there is a maintainer and will get
frustrated in wondering why the failed pieces are not well-supported or why
their questions went unanswered. As a result, they may be frustrated and end
up leaving Squeak during the learning process.

-Larry Trutter