[Newbies] Rome (Cairo) installation problems

Sebasstian Nozzi sebnozzi at gmx.net
Sun Jan 21 11:56:41 UTC 2007

Hi all,

I'm trying to use cairo in squeak (I'm actually trying this in croquet 1.0
beta, since I had read that rome needs tweak and the tweak server is down).

So far I could load and install:

- Rome-Base-JMM.17.mcz
- Rome-Balloon-jl.46.mcz
- Rome-PluginCanvas-JMM.41.mcz

No problems with that.

Now I wanted to load the demo (Rome-Demo-bf.32.mcz), and I get:

Error: subscript is out of bounds: 0
(I don't know how to transcript the whole stack)

So I thought I might be missing components, but trying to load
Rome-Plugin-be.33.mcz and Rome-FontManager-JMM.54.mcz also trigger errors
when loading the mcz files.

I'm running on Windows XP and I installed the GTK+ runtime from
http://gladewin32.sourceforge.net/ (which according to the cairo page
includes cairo).

I tried all the same in squeak 3.8 with tha same results.

Am I missing something? Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Sebastian