[Newbies] Rome (Cairo) installation problems

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Sun Jan 21 12:50:48 UTC 2007

Am Jan 21, 2007 um 12:56  schrieb Sebasstian Nozzi:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm trying to use cairo in squeak (I'm actually trying this in
> croquet 1.0 beta, since I had read that rome needs tweak

Rome does not need Tweak. It should not depend on Tweak either, but
since we are using it mostly in Tweak, sometimes something sneaks in.
That's a bug.

> and the tweak server is down).

Yes, unfortunately, impara managed to bust the network settings of
their server on Saturday, and can not fix it on the weekend.
Hopefully back online on Monday.

> So far I could load and install:
>
> - Rome-Base-JMM.17.mcz
> - Rome-Balloon-jl.46.mcz
> - Rome-PluginCanvas-JMM.41.mcz
>
> No problems with that.
>
> Now I wanted to load the demo (Rome-Demo-bf.32.mcz), and I get:
>
> Error: subscript is out of bounds: 0
> (I don't know how to transcript the whole stack)

It is logged to SqueakDebug.log in your image directory - please attach.

- Bert -