[Newbies] Binaural Beats w/ Squeak

Brad Fuller brad at bradfuller.com
Sun Jan 21 18:09:59 UTC 2007

Michael Gorsuch wrote:
> I'm still rather new to Squeak, so I decided to start working on a
> small sound project.
>
> I want to produce Binaural Beats, which ultimately means that I need
> to be able to produce sounds at a certain frequency for a given length
> of time.  it's more complicated than that, but I'm trying to find just
> this starting point.
>
> Can anyone offer some kind instructions for playing a specific tone
> through my system's audio card?

Check out Mark Guzdial's projects here:

http://swiki.cc.gatech.edu:8080/compMusic/8

See the project: Basics of Synthesizing a Sound (which loads into 3.8
just fine. I imagine they all should). It has several examples of what
you are looking for. He explains it well. If you have questions, please ask.

--
brad fuller
www.bradfuller.com