[Newbies] Re: Rome (Cairo) installation problems

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Mon Jan 22 20:12:59 UTC 2007

Am Jan 22, 2007 um 19:58  schrieb Sebasstian Nozzi:

> Hello Bert,
>
>>> Error: subscript is out of bounds: 0
>>> (I don't know how to transcript the whole stack)
>>
>> It is logged to SqueakDebug.log in your image directory - please
>> attach.
>
> Gerne ;-)
>
> I attached 3 logs, for these files:
>
> - Rome-Demo-bf.32.mcz

This seems to have 0 character in it ... very odd.

> - Rome-FontManager-JMM.54.mcz

Where did you find that package? Oh I see, it's been recently checked
into the the squeaksource repository, probably by accident. It's used
by the Sophie folks, you do not actually need it. It tries to add
some methods to FreetypeFontFace which is in the Sophie repositories.

> - Rome-Plugin-be.33.mcz

This needs the Rome plugin. Precompiled plugins are, for example, in
Sophie:

	http://sophieproject.org/download

Actually, to start with Rome you should follow the advice which
packages to install on the download page:

	http://squeaksource.com/Rome.html

- Bert -