[Newbies] Does anyone offer a squeak training course?

Brad Fuller brad at bradfuller.com
Tue Jan 23 16:01:55 UTC 2007

Ralph Johnson wrote:
> I have taught a course at the U. of Ilinoist called "Object-Oriented
> Programming and Design" for twenty years.  I've always used Smalltalk,
> but for the past three years I've used Squeak.  It is aimed at grad
> students, so it is fast paced, but it doesn't assume that people
> taking the source have even heard of Smalltalk before they start.  it
> covers design patterns and frameworks and I think of it as more of a
> design course than a programming course, but it makes students
> profient in Squeak.
>
> The course will be taught over the internet this summer.  It is part
> of our on-line masters program, but you don't have to join the program
> to take the course.  See http://www.cs.uiuc.edu/online/courses.php

It would be nice if you could announce when this would be available when
the time comes, Ralph.

BTW, I see that you worked on Kyma. I always wanted to get one of their
systems. Just didn't have the personal money, nor the rationalization
for the company I worked for, to purchase it! It is such a neat and
unique system.

--
brad fuller
www.bradfuller.com