[Newbies] Error "All SqueakMap master servers are down"

Michael van der Gulik mikevdg at gulik.co.nz
Wed Jan 24 08:44:05 UTC 2007

jerryw wrote:

>Thanks Damien,
>
>Apologies, I did mean 7067.
>
>I've found the http proxy preferences on the Preferences but there's nothing
>showing - no checkboxes or text.
>Is the same for you?  It sounds like I am nearly there ... can you show me
>how to set
>the proxy preferences?

The UI seems to have changed between 3.8 and 3.9, so it depends on your
version. There's an easier way:

Open a Workspace (Desktop -> Open -> Workspace)

Type in: <<HTTPSocket useProxyServerNamed: 'cache2.uk.logicacmg.com'
port: 80.>>

Select the text you just typed and press Alt-d (or Cmd-d or whatever...
the command for "do it").

Also, for finding your proxy server, you're much better off looking at
the settings for your installation of Firefox.

Regards,
Michael.