Re-2: [Newbies] Stef, BotsInc problem...

Todd Blanchard tblanchard at mac.com
Thu Jan 25 20:54:14 UTC 2007

I often wish Squeak worked that way by default.

Too many times I've kicked off a doit that ran for too long, then
began to wonder what it was doing, but the UI was frozen.  This is
also true of fileins, etc.  I would strongly support an effort to do
much less work in the UI thread and a clean feedback mechanism for
displaying progress and killing/suspending/debugging runaway items.