[Newbies] revolution vs. spueak

Todd Blanchard tblanchard at mac.com
Mon Jan 29 00:30:41 UTC 2007

Revolution is basically Hypercard with color and cross platform
runtimes.  Remember Hypercard?  I myself am a recovering stack head
and for awhile before I really learned programming, I did almost
everything in HC.  HC is inspired by Smalltalk to a large degree and
a number of classic patterns like chain of command are wired into
HC's DNA.

The thing about it is you hit the wall in about a year because there
is no way to create completely new kinds of objects.  But it is
really easy to get started as the language is probably the most
english-like programming language ever created.

So I'd say the barrier to entry is lower - but the depth isn't there
either.

-Todd Blanchard