[Newbies] 3.9 reading 3.8 .pr

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Mon Jan 29 16:30:00 UTC 2007

On Jan 29, 2007, at 16:16 , Steve Linduska wrote:

> I have students and teachers that have developed projects in eToys
> with 3.8 and are experiencing errors on every .pr file when 3.9
> attempts to load.
>
> We presumed upward migration and are unable, or unaware, of how to
> resolve.

You should stay with 3.8 for etoys projects. I am unaware of anyone
trying to make 3.9 support this. There has even been talk of removing
etoys in 3.10, because there are not enough community members
interested in maintaining it.

We generally recommend to use the squeakland.org version for doing
etoys, which is aimed at teachers and kids, rather than the
squeak.org version, which is focused on Smalltalk developers.

- Bert -