[Newbies] 3.9 reading 3.8 .pr

Milan Zimmermann milan.zimmermann at sympatico.ca
Tue Jan 30 07:37:18 UTC 2007

On 2007 January 29 23:50, you wrote:
>  http://swiki.cs.uiuc.edu/cs598rej/9
>
> I've been told that if you file in the old version of SystemWindow
> then it works.
>
> -Ralph

Thanks Ralph,

Indeed this does not work to load to 3.9. This is caused by the using of
SystemWindow in the .pr. Compared to 3.8, SystemWindow in 3.9 is missing all
3 methods with names starting with "spawn", notably:

spawnReframeHandle: event

and also their senders have changed. It appears to me, this change is to
implement resizing in 3.9  by those corner handles, as opposed to anywhere on
the Frame Border in 3.8. Not sure whether simply loading the old SystemWindow
is the way to go, it depends what one wants as desired functionality.

I  assume  this is an artifact of a broader problem, how to do project
load/unload across versions when class api has changed.

Do you mind me using your project to file a Mantis report? (Although I may try
to create a minimal example)

Thanks Milan