[Newbies] virtual chemistry

Edgar J. De Cleene edgardec2001 at yahoo.com.ar
Wed Jan 31 18:50:12 UTC 2007

El 1/31/07 1:27 PM, "Chuck Smith" <chsmith at xmission.com> escribió:

> So the spec for the chem set is to teach the students how to take the dirt
> from below their feet and transfrom it into computers, robots, jet engines
> etc.
>
> I know this sounds impossible but it is not.  Many people said we could not
> build the robot control and we did.
>
> So the exciting thing is that we are getting ways to bring many students into
> the program.  We have discovered that schools like to send their students on
> field trips to space simulations and we are connecting our program to the
> space simulation camps.
>
> It is great that Edgar J. De Cleene has already made a great example of this.
> I would be very greatful if you could put it in English for us.

I like teaching.
I like working with remote students and share cultural issues.
Your project is a big one.

1) The robot take the dirt and convert to a liquid solution. You don't know
if as example the dust have iron or copper.

2) The robot could have the eight reactive bottles with HCl, H2S,NH4OH, etc
(I simplify here for non al-chemist :=)

3) The student should made the decision tree what each cation have

See
http://webhost.bridgew.edu/fgorga/CH131/pdf_files/09_Qualitative_analysis.pd
f and

http://www.dartmouth.edu/~chemlab/chem3-5/qual_cat/full_text/chemistry.html

Or other qualitative analysis for cations. I follow  of Arthur I. Vogel's
textbook of quantitative chemical analysis.

See the two first screens at
http://ar.geocities.com/edgardec2001/SqueakChem.html

The remote image is working at
http://201.212.99.13:8088/

Use Firefox, be patient my cable modem is slow and someone could hang the
system before you .
Also remember what all is on roughly 09:00 to 20:00 GMT

You and your students are welcomed to ask any question here or private.
I hope what when 3.10 final see the light (end of May) you have a English
2007 greatson of SqueakChem.

Edgar

Preguntá. Respondé. Descubrí.
está en Yahoo! Respuestas (Beta).